US-based freelance science PR professional
Sciad is a rapidly growing communications agency in the UK that specialises in creating innovative PR and digital campaigns for a diverse range of international clients that span the life-science and engineering industries. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver results that exceed client expectations, by providing a full-range of creative services including web-design, graphic design, branding, digital and PR.
As we continue to expand our services internationally, especially across the US, we are seeking a talented and motivated individual based in the US to join our team as a freelance science PR professional.
As a US-based freelance science PR professional at Sciad, you will play an important role in supporting the delivery of successful campaigns in the US. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about science communications and keen to apply skills including media relations and written content creation.
- Support client accounts with administrative tasks such as press list research, conference identification, media monitoring and trends research
- Identify media opportunities, pitch stories, and secure media coverage for clients
- Monitor and analyse media coverage and provide regular reports to clients
- Prepare and distribute press releases and media materials
- Science writing and editing – blogs and short feature articles
- Collaborate with team members to brainstorm creative PR ideas
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Communications, or a related field
- Extensive experience in PR and communications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Creativity and the ability to think outside the box
WHAT WE OFFER
- A collaborative and supportive team environment
- Training on communications software and media databases currently in use across the business
- A chance to work with a diverse portfolio of clients across life-science and engineering
HOW TO APPLY
If you are based in the US, passionate about PR and want to be part of a friendly, ambitious team, we’d love to hear from you.
Almost every member of our team has a science background. We work with companies that are on the cutting edge of science and technology, from AI powered protein engineering to the next first-in-class therapeutic. We help our clients bring innovation to life through creative and strategic PR and digital marketing.
Fill out the form below and be a part of our success story!
Want to join our talented team of experts?
We’d love to hear from you! Head to our contact page if you have any questions.